Dr. Tom Francescott explains Adrenal Fatigue causes + his unique care approach.
Adrenal Fatigue Causes + Natural Care
Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue
- Sleep Problems
- Feeling Overwhelmed + Anxious
- Craving Salt, Coffee, + Sugar in the Morning
- Are you feeling run down and stressed? Tired and having difficulty waking up in the morning? Two small walnut-sized endocrine glands above your kidneys may be responsible.Adrenal Fatigue occurs when your adrenal glands become “tired”, usually as the result of chronic stress, pain, or severe illness. When the adrenal glands become tired they no longer secrete enough hormones, especially cortisol to deal and cope with daily life and stressors.In my opinion, adrenal fatigue is one of the most common health issues affecting society today. Think about it. Chronic stress of all kinds affect our hormones and unless we support and supplement our adrenals, we are likely to have less and less energy. Stress has a big impact on our entire lives and fundamentally its our adrenals that help us live vibrantly, with energy and motivation.
Its chief symptom is fatigue that is not relieved by sleep with no obvious physical illness. Other symptoms include: feeling overwhelmed & anxious, very slow to wake up in the morning, cravings for salt, coffee, chocolate, or sugar especially first thing in the morning and also at 2-3pm in the afternoon. Also sleep is affected, namely you may feel exhausted and fall asleep early but then wake up in the middle of the night and unable to fall back asleep for many hours. Low back pain and abdominal bloating are other common issues.
- Adrenal fatigue results when the adrenal glands cannot meet the demands of daily life and stress. Your adrenals help you fight illness and infection, deal with chronic pain, and cope with emotional crisis or upset, and give you the energy to meet work-related demands. If you have any other disease, your adrenals help you and they may become weak if you do not take care of them.
- In my practice, my foundational approach to healing Adrenal Fatigue would be to balance your blood sugar & nutrition, soothe cravings for stimulants & sweets, help manage anxiety, depression, & lack of energy, and provide “core-foundational” supplements. More specifically I would include customized adrenal supportive nutrients, remedies, herbs, and formulas.
*Disclaimer-Information and statements contained on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The content, products, ads, and all other information and opinions on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly.